we put the fun in funeral

Thursday, June 22, 2006

i pack heat like an oven door.

the circles under my eyes are a sign that says "do not trespass".
there is moss growing on the roof of my mothers room.
i am jealous of the time she spends thinking of it.
it is bright. no matter what chemicals they spray it with-
it thrives.
and late at night the rain falls like bachelors for bad luck girls.
i am jealous of the way it breathes the drops while i just heave.
if i had any sense id send her a thank you note for the way my heart wont ever give up on someone.
my dad was a weekend warrior.
but at least he was fighting.
usually with my mother or mortgage broker on the other end of the phone,
as i was hushed and pushed out of screen doors.
if i had any sense id send him a thank you note for my sense of adventure.
consult the map of a world that does not exist.
simply part of the no future generation.
only (st)all(ed) dogs go to heaven, only the wrong dreams come true.
sleepwalk of the stars. there is too much green to feel blue.
i am as jealous of the late bloomers as i am of the wallflowers.
in this world of shit. fertilize me.
dont worry, youre safe.
i am just a tiger sleeping in the shade.
just tiptoe by.
blackmail myself.
give us what we want or youll never see what you love again.
i thought you said you were "non habit forming".
i thought you said you were "safe to use at night".
"use only as directed" and so on.
i came back to you.
only its more like a relapse.



count a thumb then two fingers in.
thats the one i want.